This group was originally based on a website named 'Pokefarm.org' but we have moved to this offsite location, come and UNITE with art!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Hello everyone and welcome to the new forum! Hopefully it will be complete soon and we can cut down on chatzy! -giggle- Enjoy!
Please invite all the members you can remember from the clan! If any, at all! We need to gather everyone back up!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Geuss who?
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am by pichu567

» Pika's sketches *no matter how it looks like, I did it on my laptop, without any scanners, paper, or pencils*
Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 am by LovePika

» Looking for somebody to make me a drawing out of a sprite I made
Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:18 am by LovePika

» Pochama's Drawings
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 am by Cupcake

» Let's Learn Language!
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 am by Cupcake

» 9repus' Journal
Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm by 9repus

» Random Discussion
Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm by Umbreon10

» Brei's Journal
Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 am by BreiTaDa

» Pokemon Names!
Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:25 am by 9repus

Most active topics
Tale of the Chronicle --SETUP
Tales of the Chronicle
Related Word
RP Character interview!
The Ultimate Cheat Code
Pokemon Names!
SPAM! Ahehe...
Generation V
Geuss who?
The Definition Game
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Umbreon10

Our users have posted a total of 528 messages in 49 subjects

Share | 

Just a Small Note

Go down 
AuthorMessage
654321ll

Female

PostSubject: Just a Small Note   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:00 pm

[quote author=admin board=rules thread=1817 post=9135 time=1281602413]I want to show you guys something that came to my attention on a different site I used to rp at. A few people may remember this story. It's something everyone needs to see no matter how great at rping and writing in general you think you are. The entire story that I read can be found here.

There's a woman who, though legally blind, I repeat, LEGALLY BLIND, has managed to overcome that and still roleplay. She uses a program that reads the posts to her and types what she reads to it for her posts. This woman can crank out five paragraph posts with minimal errors. Even then, the errors don't get in the way of understanding what she's writing. That link up there? Click it. Read that post by this lady. There were only four errors in that entire thing.

There is no reason why everyone here should slack on posts, complain about not being able to make good posts, or come up with some lame excuse no one cares about to try to make yourself feel better about mistakes or whatever. Proboards comes with a built in spell check. Firefox comes with a built in spell check. I'm pretty sure everyone here has gone through at least 10 years of English in school. It's not that hard to come up with something decent. Make goals for yourself. Tell yourself every post has to have a certain number of paragraphs at a certain minimum length. Read other threads to get an idea of what your post can consist of. Go to the internet! Look up guides! There are tons of things out there about how to improve story writing.

Remember this story about someone who doesn't have as great of eyesight as you and aim to improve. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

THESE are some excellent guides for writing. I try to read one each day and use what I learn in my posts. Really.[/quote]

It's from another forum, though. Enjoy. Although This could fit in the writing section too =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDoe5
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a Small Note   Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow. ;o
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Just a Small Note
Page 1 of 1